1) 5 STARS -1991- Directed by Martin Scorsese, this is the he best best thriller i have ever seen, i haven't watched the original yet but this version has everything you need, it's a great film with great performances and as in most of his films Robert DeNiro is the standout performance as Max Cady
(1991) Starring:Illeana Dou, Robert De Niro, Nick Nolte Director:Martin Scorsese Certificate:
Martin Scorsese's remake of Cape Fear provided the director with a box-office success to follow up the critical success of the previous year's Goodfellas. After serving a lengthy prison sentence for a sexual assault, Max Cady (Robert De Niro) comes calling on the man who served as his public ..read more »
2) 5 STARS -2003- Directed by Clint Eastwood, won 2 Oscars for Best Actor, Sean Penn and Best Supporting Actor, Tim Robbins, adapted from the novel by Dennis LeHanne, this is a great movie and showcases some great acting talent, Sean Penn steals the movie though as a grieving father of a murdered girl. Top notch acting and a top notch film.
(2003) Starring:Laura Linney, Laurence Fishburne, Sean Penn Director:Clint Eastwood Certificate: Watch now: Unavailable
When they were kids growing up together in a rough section of Boston, Jimmy Markum, Dave Boyle and Sean Devine spent their days playing stickball on the street, the way most boys did in their blue-collar neighborhood of East Buckingham. Nothing much out of the ordinary ever happened, until a moment'..read more »
(1995) Starring:Daniel Zacapa, Richard Portnow, Morgan Freeman Director:David Fincher Certificate: Watch now: Unavailable
Director David Fincher's dark, stylish thriller ranks as one of the decade's most influential box-office successes. Set in a hellish vision of a New York-like city, where it is always raining and the air crackles with impending death, the film concerns Det. William Somerset (Morgan Freeman), a ..read more »
4) 4 and HALF STARS -1976- Directed by Alan J Pakula and winner of 4 Oscars including Best Supporting Actor for Jason Robards, based on the Watergate scandel, a geat example of what a thriller should be like, there's no guns or killing or car chases but this is extremely tense, brilliantly directed and probably the best political thriller of all time.
All The President's Men
(1976) Starring:Dustin Hoffman, Jane Alexander, Hal Holbrook Director:Alan J. Pakula Certificate: Watch now: Unavailable
Conspiracy film specialist Alan J. Pakula turned journalists Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein's best-selling account of their Watergate investigation into one of the hit films of Bicentennial year 1976. While researching a story about a botched 1972 burglary of Democratic Party headquarters at the ..read more »
The General's Daughter
(1999) Starring:John Travolta, James Woods, James Cromwell Director:Simon West Certificate:
When the raped and murdered body of Captain Elisabeth Campbell (Leslie Stefanson) is discovered at Fort McCallum, Warrant Officer Paul Brenner (John Travolta) is given just thirty-six hours to investigate before the FBI are called in. Teaming up with his ex-girlfriend, army rape-counsellor Sarah ..read more »
6) 4 & HALF STARS -1949- Directed by Carol Reed and winner of an Oscar for Best Cinematography, a great 40's thriller, brilliantly acted with Orson Welles as Harry Lime, set in post war Vienna the sets are great and it must have one of the greatest film scores of all time
The Third Man
(1949) Starring:Wilfrid Hyde White, Trevor Howard, Alida Valli Director:Carol Reed Certificate: Watch now: Unavailable
Classic thriller written by Graham Greene and starring Orson Welles in which a writer sets about investigating the death of a friend in post-World War II Vienna. Holly Martins (Joseph Cotten), a pulp Western writer, arrives in the Austrian capital expecting to take up a job with his old ..read more »
7) 4 & HALF STARS -2008- Directed by A.R.Murugadoss, watched this movie whilst holidaying in Mauritius but it is available over here and wow was i surprised, set in India and with English subtitles and starring Aamir Khan this is a brilliant film set along the same lines as hollywoods Memento, this is a cracking watch and i reccommend anyone that hasn't seen it to watch it now.
(2008) Starring:Aamir Khan, Asin, Jiah Khan Director:A.R. Murugadoss Certificate:
Sanjay Singhania (Aamir Khan) is a rich tycoon suffering from short term memory loss due to being hit by a metal pole when trying to intervene on his girlfriend's murder. Because of the severe injury on his head, his memory can only last for fifteen minutes and he doesn't remember events or ..read more »
8) 4 & HALF STARS -1989- Ridley Scott's thriller starring Michael Douglas and Andy Garcia is one of the best cop thrillers out there, all the acters give great performances and if you haven't seen it then watch it now.
(1989) Starring:Ken Takakura, Kate Capshaw, Andy Garcia Director:Ridley Scott Certificate:
Two New York cops (Michael Douglas and Andy Garcia) are given the task of returning a Japanese killer (Yasuka Matsuda) to his native authorities. When the murderer escapes, they must hunt him down in an underworld which seems very alien to them. Ridley Scott directs this controversial thriller ..read more »
(1997) Starring:Peter Donat, Jack Kehoe, Yuji Okumoto Director:David Fincher Certificate:
Director David Fincher followed the success of his dark and atmospheric crime thriller Seven (1995) with another exercise in stylish film noir, this time lifting the pallid atmosphere a notch to indulge in a fast-paced trip through the cinematic funhouse. Michael Douglas plays Nicholas Van Orton, a ..read more »
(1997) Starring:Paul C, Sylvester Stallone, Robert De Niro Director:James Mangold Certificate: Watch now: Included in all packages with LOVEFiLM Instant
The second film from writer/director James Mangold, the corruption drama Cop Land stars Sylvester Stallone as Freddy Heflin, the much-denigrated sheriff of tiny Garrison, NJ, a community which -- thanks to a technicality -- is populated almost entirely by members of the New York City Police ..read more »