Beijing 2008 details
|Formats:||3 PS3, Xbox 360|
|Rental release:||27 Jun 2008|
Most helpful review
The Game is DisqualifiedBy andrewglasgow2007 (54 reviews) from Glasgow , 29 Jun 2008
[Highly rated reviewer]What a complete and total dissappointment this game is. First of all to move you need ot rapidly and repeatidly hit the o and x buttons giving you sore fingers. Some training sessions stay blank and you need to reboot your ps3 also not forgetting some games take over and you dont get and not to take part. The game is tedious, tempremental and annoying. I had to send it back and that was a total waste
- Was this review helpful to you?
- (26) Yes |
- No (1)
it sounds rubbishBy celticfcmad1888 (3 reviews) from Walsall , 17 Jul 2012just getting it sent to me and wot ave heard it sound rubbish wish a never got it i will try it and if its any good a will buy it but wot ave heard a dont think a will a think a wont even play a think a will just send it back
no,it isnt just you that cant get it to work even when your doing it right!By a customer from Gloucestershire,England , 28 Jun 2010Before i wrote a bad review, i thought id check that it wasnt just my inability to play the game. It seems many others could not get the person to do what they were supposed to despite performing the correct action! not only were the actions fairly complicated...especially for a youngster (which the game is aimed at) you also have to bash your controller to press the buttons as fast as you can and your fingers and hands end up rather sore after...definately not worth the effort, especially after all that controller bashing, it didnt even work!
Bronze medalBy MacUK (9 reviews) from Bedfordshire , 09 Jun 2010Ok, it looks 'OK', but not as sharp as some games. The number of events was impressive and the variety reasonable. What let this game down was that the controls were so abstract in some events that you are struggling to remember them. Additionally load and lag times between events or practice were not necessary.
I rented this to 'get it out of my system' as I have an addiction to sports games ever since Track & Field (big 10 pences and lots of them with button bashing and joystick wriggling ..if you were not in the arcades in the 80's).
Glad I rented it and not bought it, but then again, that is why I am making use of this facility in LoveFilm.
Best Multiplayer Ever (a "PTV" game)By ganjusmaximus (3 reviews) from Poole, England , 10 Oct 2009Just played this game for the first time and i must admit i was very suprised at how good it was.
This is the first Olympic/Sport game i have played for years, and to be honest i was expecting a labourious button bashing experiance, fortunately Sega have nailed the blend of skill, button bashing and multiplayer abilities.
If you are fans of other great multiplayer mini games (Tiger Woods series etc...) then this game is a must purchase!!!
I could go into crazy detail of all the pros and cons but i have only 500 words. Here are a few:
(1) Alot of interesting events each of which have their own unique button style, combination and flow which is very easy to pick up.
(2) You can get straight into the action and just play random games for quick multiplayer player fun. (Just remember to keep pressing R1 when choosing an event until you get to the page where you can choose '10 ramdom events', otherwise when you select individual events it plays them in 'theme' order which kills of the best feature of this game: 'Playability Through Variation' or 'PTV' for short. (A term i coined while deconstructing the subconsious physical relationship between man and machine.)
(3) Yes some of the events are not as good as others, but with the bar set very high, the good ones are incredible and the bad ones are still very fun to play.
(1) Making and training your custom team is possible however the interface with which one has been accustomed to in other well know titles such as the Fifa, Pro Evo and Tiger Woods series are alot better. If Sega developed this feature further for the next game i would buy it in a heartbeat.
(2) Graphics could be better, but game play more than makes up for it.
(3) Blisters on some of the events are an issue if you are very competitive like me. (plasters around your thumb will solve this problem)
In Summary buy this game and play it, i promise you wont be dishapointed!!!!
- Was this review helpful to you?
- (1) Yes |
- No (1)
rubbishBy wozap (18 reviews) from Walsall , 01 Oct 2009nothing more to say,to many different button configs