|Formats:||15 DVD, Blu-ray|
|Starring:||Mathieu Amalric, Sarah Gadon, Emily Hampshire, Robert Pattinson, Jay Baruchel, Kevin Durand, Paul Giamatti, Juliette Binoche, Samantha Morton|
|Genre:||Drama - General|
|Collections:||latest releases, October - Drama, Our Favourites|
|Run time:||1 hour 48 minutes|
|Rental release:||12 Nov 2012|
By Tom Charity from LOVEFiLM
Robert Pattinson waves goodbye to Edward Cullen in David Cronenberg's stylish Cosmopolis.
Most helpful review
This is crapBy kkbirds (3 reviews) , 24 Jun 2012
[Highly rated reviewer]
[Highly rated reviewer]It's crap. Pretentious, overly-constructed, mind-numbingly boring, crap.
Now, people that love this film will say that if you hate it you must not understand it, it's above your head somewhere and the message is just lost. Not true. I get the symbolism, followed the dialogue, understanding the point Cronenberg (and Delillo) is trying to get across. It's still crap.
I equate this to the Tree of Life in some respects. 90% of the public will abhor it and either fall asleep or walk out. The other 10% will say it's the best movie they've seen all year, an incredible piece of art, and deserving of the Palm d'Or. I know which group I fall into.
- Was this review helpful to you?
- (98) Yes |
- No (31)
The worst film i have ever seenBy a customer , 24 May 2013It took me two attepts at watching this. It has no point to it at all. dont waste your time. I have never written a review before but this is just rubbish!
Tacky waste of 11 minutesBy RedRouteOne (1 review) , 22 May 2013I don't turn films off but after 11 minutes I couldn't bear it anymore. I never normally leave comments but I had voice my opinion.
pure rubbishBy a customer , 19 May 2013I cant believe I sat through the whole of this film. maybe I was hoping something exciting would eventually happen. It didn't!. This film is rubbish
bad bad film, terrible and waste of timeBy AlanJBlue (1 review) , 17 May 2013This film will be loved by the pretentious, and those who wish to put themselves on 'higher intellectual plains' or more accurately want to look down on people. Its a poor sideways look on the modern fast paced life, the need to multitask taken to the extreme, but what it really is is simple... overspun nonsensical tosh trying so hard to be the next 'thinkers' film. don't waste your time, and for anyone who says 'ignore the haters' and things like that, well they let themselves down with the word 'haters'
Pure sarcasmBy taffytaftaf (1 review) , 13 May 2013Dont listen to the haters they just dont get it! This is a well acted film with a script to match,made me think about how the world is controlled in this day and age. This is definitly going to be in my top 10 films of all time