|Formats:||12 DVD, Blu-ray|
|Starring:||Esha Deol, John Abraham, Abhishek Bachchan, Uday Chopra|
|Genres:||Action/Adventure - General, Thriller, Bollywood - Drama, General|
|Studio:||YASH RAJ FILMS bollywood|
|Run time:||2 hours 9 minutes|
|Rental release:||15 Oct 2004|
Most helpful review
excellentBy a customer from england , 28 Sep 2005
[Highly rated reviewer]excellent movie, one should watch it!
- Was this review helpful to you?
- (3) Yes |
- No (1)
Don't bother, but do watch the sequelBy Mugwortismycat (13 reviews) from London , 11 Aug 2012
THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS Show review anywayHide
[Highly rated reviewer]It's just as well I saw Dhoom 2 first or I'd never have bothered on the basis of this film.
Although I nearly didn't make it through to the second half of the film, it was interesting to see the elements that made it into the sequel. Unfortunately, some of the irritating elements of the film made it into the sequel too!
(1) Jai Dixit (Abhishek Bachchan)'s wife, what is the point of these scenes or this character -- I suppose every Bollywood film needs a pretty heroine, but at least give her something interesting to do
(2) the sidekick Ali (Uday Chopra), how annoying can one man be? I couldn't stand the puerile humour he brings to the film -- but he's more annoying in dhoom 2 (the one element in which the sequel is worse!)
(3) poor quality stunts, it was like watching a Bond film starring my least favourite Bond (Roger Moore), especially the speedboat scenes
(4) ridiculously poor marksmanship (e. g. failing to him a motorbike or rider driving straight towards you) followed by a great crack shot (e. g. hitting a gun out of someone's hand froma great distance whilst manouvering a speedboat at great speed); it's always annoying, in so many films, perhaps hardly worth mentioning
(1) Abhishek is excellent, and despite hating Ali, I enjoy the relationship Abhishek's character has with him.
(2) John Abraham, as Kabir the thief, is compelling in all his scenes -- there just didn't seem to be a fair amount of them
Also I found the gang scenario much less interesting than the apprentice/love-interest scenario of Dhoom 2.
Finally, the music is awful, the dancing worse, a rare case where I was irritated by songs in an Indian film.
Overall, I say don't bother, and watch Dhoom 2, which is slick, fun, humorous, action-packed
Nowhere near as good as doom 2By Paul Jones from Sussex , 08 Jul 2010Dhoom 2 was utterly fab so had high hopes. Unfortunately this is not up to the mark
DhoomBy a customer from Leeds , 23 Feb 2010We enjoyed it, action and comedy. Not as good as Dhoom 2
Please dont' put such films on my recommendations listBy a customer from mid glamorgan , 02 Dec 2008This is a very high profile boring action film. No storyline. Action scens are crap fliying high heights and long distances with a motorbike seem to be the biggest achievement of this film. Esha doel does an item number and she's as stiff as a bamboo. Thats all i'll bother saying about this film.
AMAZINGBy a customer from harrow, england , 25 Jun 2008If you like a lot of Bollywood action. This is the perfect movie to watch. The whole story was amazing and the acting was superb.