Titanic tops poll for cheesiest movie line
The actor utters the words while standing with arms outstretched at the bow of the damned ocean liner during a romantic moment with co-star Kate Winslet.
DiCaprio's line topped a poll of 2,000 moviegoers, who were asked to pick the cheesiest phrase in film.
Patrick Swayze comes in at second place for the declaration of his love for co-star Jennifer Grey in Dirty Dancing, when his smooth character proclaims: "Nobody puts Baby in the corner".
In at three is Andie MacDowell for allowing love to completely rob her of her senses in the British hit film Four Weddings And A Funeral.
Gazing at love interest Hugh Grant during a torrential downpour, her character sighs: "Is it still raining? I hadn't noticed."
Patrick Swayze's Ghost co-star Demi Moore also makes an appearance at four. In the romantic weepy Swayze says, "I love you," to which Moore replies: "Ditto".
Action movie Top Gun came fifth in the poll for the moment Val Kilmer tells trainee fighter pilot Tom Cruise: "You can be my wingman any time."
Warburtons commissioned the poll to coincide with the launch of its new Cheese Flavour Crumpets.
"We're a nation of cheese lovers but these results show our love of cheese goes beyond food," said a Warburtons spokeswoman.
Top 10 cheesiest lines in full..........
1. Titanic - "I'm the king of the world!" (Leonardo DiCaprio)
2. Dirty Dancing - "Nobody puts Baby in the corner." (Patrick Swayze)
3. Four Weddings and a Funeral - "Is it still raining..." (Andie MacDowell)
4. Ghost - "I love you." "Ditto." (Demi Moore)
5. Top Gun - "You can be my wingman any time." (Val Kilmer)
6. Notting Hill - "I'm just a girl..." (Julia Roberts)
7. Independence Day - "Today we celebrate our Independence Day." (Bill Pullman)
8. Braveheart - "They may take our lives..." (Mel Gibson)
9. Jerry Maguire - "You had me at hello." (Renee Zellweger)
10. The Postman - "You're a godsend, a saviour." "No, I'm a postman." (Kevin Costner)
Titles related to this article